Health Simplified Podcast
Health Myths Part 1
There are many health myths! Is calorie counting important? Will exercise help you lose weight? In this episode Deepak, Michal and Shabnam discuss some of them.
- Exercise is the way to lose weight.
- Eat low fat to lose fat. Resting Energy Expenditure , low carb diet versus low fat diet. 10% weight loss and long term health.
- Counting calories or just eating less is the best way to lose weight. Related blogpost.
- Eat heart-healthy grains at every meal. Personalised Blood Sugar Response video. Prioritise protein. Individualised. Carb not essential nutrient. Fat and protein are essential nutrients.
- Cholesterol from food will kill you. (Longer episode later)
- Juice counts as a serving of fruit. Myth or fact?
- To be healthy you need to eat less salt. Insulin and salt. Sodium an essential nutrient.Genetic variation.
- Diet soda is better for you than regular soda.
- Coffee and your health. Insulin, diabetes, homocysteine and caffeine.Sleep.Related episode.
- Vegetable oils are healthier for you than other fats. Cooking oil video.
- Effects of a low carbohydrate diet on energy expenditure during weight loss maintenance: randomised trial. Article
- Caffeine and homocysteine. Article.